Headman Versus DJ Naughty (11-12/01/07)

(TO BE POSTED HERE)

Quick thing though, before I get to writing the actual post (it's 8am and I just got home so it's gonna happen after I wake up), -ok I must do this THANK YOU GODLY DJ NAUGHTY FOR 'SOUND OF SILVER', thank you for Betty Botox 'Music Is Music'- anyway, er, OK, hm-- this is gonna be painful: Thursday was Headman, and my gut feeling told me I'm not gonna *totally* be in the party, I just think that from being an avid Headman fan, my taste has grown more mature, I'm afraid, and something, along the overtly trite Nu-raveness, didn't feel quite right there. It's not like it wasn't good, or close to great, but still I knew exactly how high I'm gonna fly with Headman. Then, Friday came along and the idea was to go watch Babel (the last one I saw was Nolan's 'The Prestige', which totally made it clear to me - Nolan, only 36, is gonna be one of the greatest directors ever. It was really postmodern in the positive way. It did say such a clever thing about cinematic art, that it immediately reminded me Jarmusch's pretty recent 'Broken Flowers') with a nerdy friend that I like, then we went to eat in Tel Aviv and it has appeared like a quiet, fun, laid-back evening but then I felt like I had to go to see DJ Naughty play @ the Dada - shit do I sound like a psycho here?? - and it blew my mind and fulfilled all my expectations. You see, it was even better than what I expected - because when I imagine music, it's not like when I feel it, so no matter what my intuition implied, the party was even BETTER than that. Wait, I'm getting to the point. These two parties, occurrences, events, which I both very much enjoyed overall, showed me that I have a pretty strong intuition. I just don't get it, really, if my intution about music, art and culture is so strong, how come the rest of my life seem so disordered damnit?

2 comments:

The Sky Patrol said...

Looking forward hearing these sets if they pop up somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Love to check this out !!!!